Friday, February 14, 2014

Heart Shaped Box

I have a sweet confession, I would love to collect vintage Valentine Candy Boxes. I still remember my dad and grandfather bringing home big lacey eye candy love boxes home for my mom and grandmother. I don't know which was better, the inside or the outside! It was all enticing to me. Throughout history, chocolate has been used as an elixir of love. I myself luv, luv, luv chocolate like some people love their morning coffee! In 1886 Richard Cadbury of Cadbury Cocoa & Chocolate Company introduced the first box of chocolates for gifting. It was the Victorian era responsible for frilling up these heart shape boxes of delights as well as the sharing of Valentine cards.

Here are a few vintage fancy Valentine boxes - I really want one with a doll on it, how cute! I wish they still made these like this. Maybe next year I can make a few pretties like these. Be sure to click Read More for more pics!






















1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...