Monday, December 16, 2013

The Menard House

Last weekend my mother took me to a special Holiday event at the Menard house for low tea. The Menard house was built in 1838 and is the oldest surviving home in Galveston Texas. My mother knows my deep love for old historic homes so what a perfect way to spend my birthday! Be sure to click on Read More to view all my photos!





This in the dining room that we chose to sit at  - so lovely!




We started with Morracon hot tea with cream and sugar - lemons with cloves followed by these petite sandwiches, scones and cream puffs!

Add caption


After our tea, we got to explore the house as these pictures follow.










How awesome is this!!! This was found in the house when it was being restored!!! You KNOW how fast I spotted this gem!

AMAZING!




We had a lovely presentation and history lesson on the art of tea, coffee and hot chocolate.




Hope you enjoyed these photo's! I have much more and of different rooms in this home or perhaps you could visit the many events and see this charming beauty ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...